Become a Volunteer
The Healing Home has an active volunteer program for most ages. Baby development classes, music classes, sign language classes and more. Simply sign up to attend one of our weekly orientations and then jump into the schedule. Our hope is that you come and fall in love with one of our babies. They will impact you more than you will you know.
上海新生 命之家现在运作的志愿者项目适合各年龄的志愿者，项目包括：儿童成长课堂、音乐课堂、语言课堂等。简单的网上注册后，您可以参加每周的志愿者培 训，然后可以安排您的时间来志愿服务。我们希望您能够来到新生命之家，喜欢上在那里的宝宝。他们会对您的生命带来意想不到的影响。
All volunteers are asked to attend our mandatory orientation and tour before becoming a regular volunteer at the home. After the orientation is completed a regular schedule is set and each volunteer will receive a volunteer badge for entry into the home at the scheduled time.
1. Fill Out Online Registration Form provided at the bottom of this page.
2. Attend the mandatory Orientation & Training.
3. Schedule your volunteer time.
4. Retrieve badge from Healing Home office.
5. Then enjoy time with the babies!
ORIENTATIONS: Monthly orientations are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday, and 2nd Saturday of the month at 10 am.
Baby Sign Time- Monday's at 9:30am. 宝宝手势时间－周一9:30am
We need volunteers to help with this class! If you are available Monday mornings, please contact Lauren and let us know if you can join. All that is needed to participate is a willingness to hold the children on your lap and engage them as the video and leader direct. We need a one-to-one volunteer to baby ratio for this class, so the more volunteers, the more babies that can participate!
Music Time- Thursday's at 9:30 音乐课－周四9:30am
Through percussion, parachute, and dress-up play, we aim to help the babies develop their cognitive, motor, and social skills; expand their imaginations; and build a lifelong love of music.
Toddler Class 幼儿课程-Tuesday and Friday afternoons at 2:30PM, Wednesday morning at 9:30AM. 幼儿课－周二和周五下午2:30pm，周三上午9:30am
Melissa has been doing a great job with our older children at SHH having a weekly “class” time. They are doing crafts, signing songs, and listening to stories. Volunteers are welcome to help the kids interact and support Melissa. Contact Lauren for class times and find one that will suit your schedule. You do not need to come every week in order to be a help.
Art Class- Tuesday's at 9:30am 艺术课－周二9:30am
Art class is going great with Cindy Hu leading every week, and the kids are having a blast. Come on over if you'd like to join in the fun.
VOLUNTEER IMPORTANT REMINDERS
1. Without your volunteer badge you will not be allowed to enter the Home.
2. No visitors are allowed to accompany volunteers. (please refer your visitor to our weekly orientation and tour on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. No orientation during holidays.)
3. 3 hour maximum stay.
4. Do not feed the babies, change diapers, or awaken a sleeping baby.
5. Volunteers are not allowed on the 2nd floor of either Home.
6. Wash your hands immediately upon entering and leaving the Home.
7. Take off your shoes and do not leave your personal affects unattended.
8. Donations are to placed in the safe inside the office or the volunteers’ lounge.
9. Volunteers must leave by 5pm so babies can be given a bath and prepare for the bed.