a mission-minded organization seeking mission-minded people to join our team!
Do What You Love and make a difference doing it!
At Charity Dream Association, based in Shanghai and Taipei, there are many full time opportunities to match with your passion. These opportunities include Administrator roles, Lead Teachers, Learning Assistants, Music teachers, Language teachers, Nurses, Care givers, Community care providers, Word teachers, and more.
WORK LIFE EXPECTATIONS.
WORK ETHIC: We believe in working hard! We strive to create a culture where a healthy work ethic is expected and appreciated for the purpose accomplishing mission.
PAID LEAVE: We offer all staff annual general leave days, with additional leave granted during Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year.
HOLIDAY LEAVE: Our offices are closed during all official China Holidays. Lead Teachers are on leave from July to mid-August.
NEW PARENT PAID LEAVE: Charity Dream offers a three month paid pregnancy leave policy. We hope this will help make things a little easier for new parents and will provide the flexibility you’ll need to focus on the exciting new challenges of parenthood.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: Charity Dream full time, lead staff are offered a variety of benefits ranging from partial or full tuition sponsorships, home travel and insurance stipends. Our goal is to continue to grow our benefits program until we are able to offer full benefits for all staff.
LUNCH PROVIDED: All staff are offered with a yummy lunch served by our kitchen.
ALL STAFF: Charity Dream Team gathers daily for 15 minutes each morning, as well as monthly, for a time of strengthening, encouragement, and being motivated together.
DRESS CODE: Come looking good. Appropriate professional apparel is important to represent to our community.
VOLUNTEERING & SHORT-TERM TEAMS
Thank you for you interest in volunteering at Charity Dream! We are happy to welcome people who are ready to put their hands, time and skills to use serving others. Please fill out this form to help us understand your skills, interests, and desired time commitments for volunteering. Here are a list of some reoccurring volunteer needs to give you an idea of what you might be doing. Let us know if one of them stands out to you!
Shanghai Healing Home (SHH) Volunteers
– To learn more about SHH, please click this link.
– To volunteer, please click this link.
Learning Beyond Academy (LBA) Volunteers
– To learn more about LBA, please click this link.
– To volunteer, please email email@example.com
Summer Camp Workers
– Summer camp is held during the months of July and August each summer.
Taipei Short Term Mission Teams/People
– Join us as we launch our newest work in Taipei. (click here)
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Charity Dream !
❖ SCHOOL PRINCIPAL SEARCH 17/18 SCHOOL YEAR (click here)
❖ LEAD - PRESCHOOL, PRIMARY & MIDDLE SCHOOL - TEACHERS:
– Recommended 2 years teaching experience.
– Bachelors degree or above, with major in Education or related
– Has teaching certification
– Familiar with US standards
– English is first language
– Associate degree or above, major in education or related course
– Teaching certificate is preferred
– Work experience in teaching or assisting in school, preferably
in an international school or with international students
– Proficient in English is preferred
❖ LEAD SPECIALS TEACHERS
- PE, CHINESE, ENGLISH, ART, MUSIC
- Min of 2 years teaching experience
- Bachelor degree or above, with major in education or related
- Has teaching certification
- Familiar with US PE standards
- Responsible for all the PE classes from Kindergarten to High school,
and after school PE program
❖ SUMMER CAMP (July 2017) LEAD TEACHERS & VOLUNTEER (4 WEEKS)
- Support lead teachers or group leader during the summer camp
- Prepare craft, or class materials in advance
- Assist in classroom management
- Summer camp from Jul. 11th to Aug 5th
❖ LEAD - MUSIC/DRAMA/DANCE - TEACHERS (on hourly basis)
- music teacher: proficient in piano, guitar, bass, drums, Chinese and other
- drama teacher: at least 2-year experience in teaching drama
- dance teachers: at least 2-year experience in teaching dance
❖ IT SPECIALIST (Full time)
– Bachelors degree or above, with major in IT or related course
– Work experience in IT structure, website set up & programming,
** Student teacher programs available
** Volunteer opportunities
*Note: starting dates vary depending on the position applied for.
Updated: Sept. 2016